Saturday 17 April 2010

First of Many

Hello,

This is my first blog on 'Inside KB's Mind' I have several sites devoted to my writing but, I wanted a blog site that was separate from the book stuff. Here I wouldn't talk shot as much as I do when am on my other sites.

I'm going to let you into the mind of how I create my stories and how I make the stories flood out of my mind onto the page. I'm going to start with the most obvious one thing that I do, I will also talk about what things are influencing me and what am reading at the moment.

My one thing that is obvious is that I write the stories that come out of dreams and this world that I have created inside my mind because its safe in there. I feel safe enough now to play with the idea's that aren't the most common thing to be found in the writing world. I love my music and when my partners not around then am the one singing around the house and writing songs.

I have from the inside of my 80 stories buildings, fields sea's and islands world. I have been able to do Episodes for TV Shows none of which, I have placed out there yet but, maybe one day someone will pick them up. I have also created songs and have the ability to be Pixie.

I was called Pixie when I was a collage student at Adam Smith Collage Fife but, there I was the person who was inside of me. Now am calmer and have less Pixie time but, am the heroine or the storyteller of the other people who live inside my world. In the I'm able to play with these idea's and people so that the books that seem to be endlessly knocking at the doors inside of my head to be something truly different and make them stand out to all of you. In there there is more then just me and the other people that are inside my world that don't seem to mind the craziness that is me.

Anything is possible and I know how hard it is to be a starting out writer. I think that some of you that might read this will think we'll I haven't heard of you. I say to you that you haven't heard of me yet! I promise that you will all hear about me really soon because, I'm dreaming dreams that will take me to heights of levels that will make even me weak in the knees.

I've had many mountains to climb in my life but, now that I'm older there is so many more that I want to climb and I'm not going to stop with the normal ones. I would like to see a whole set of book shelves donated to my work and that is just the tip of my very large Iceberg. Its a dream of mine to write for the Hardy Show and I hope that they will enjoy the episode idea's that come out of my head. Maybe even one day decide they want to use it and maybe use me as one of there writers.

When I'm writing and as many of you know now if you follow me am pulling my first book called 'A Different Life; Three Lane Highway' am I bummed? Yes I am but, that isn't going to stop my dreams. I'm working on another book that I have faith in. Its called 'FIRE' and its going to be the best work I have ever done. Am half way finished but, I know that people wouldn't talk the risks that am taking with this book.

I have a wonderful mentor and editor that is guiding me through the mines that I have fallen over all ready when it came to the first book. She has turned my usual wonderful work into something worth reading by making sure that I haven't got typos or grammar dudes or spelling that is just shocking. When am in the zone sometimes I miss these more then I'd care to admit. That is the problem when your dyslexic but, that isn't stopping me.

I do though know that 'A Different Life; Three Lane Highway' will be a book again some day because am going to pull it. Clean it up, add the pieces I feel it needs and make it something that I can be really proud of. When I have done that then I know there is plenty people out there that will want to see what am going to do with it and I'm looking forward to sharing that with them.

I have recently joined the Samhain Publishing's Cafe of Authors, Writers and readers. I have to say its a wonderful place. I have just won two of their books and have to say that I feel their cover art blows me away even if its not subtle to work around with when your out in public all the time. I though feel that its a wonderful place that has made me feel so welcome.

I'm a author that tends to do Video blogs more then I do written ones so prepare yourselves for them as well. At the moment I will have to say good night but, I will share my writing routines with you all soon. I think that maybe some of people who read my madness will find out that my madness routines when it comes to writing might help them but, at the end of the day you need to find a way to release your potential onto the world. For me this is my way of making a mark, what will be yours?

Your author, writer and fellow blogger,

Kristal B x

No comments:

Post a Comment