Saturday 18 September 2010

Shetland Immortals Book

Hello Readers,


I never thought I would be writing about Immortality, Magic, Secret Societies and of a man who had done of the biggest betrayals that not one of my other characters has ever had the misfortune to experienced, yet I am still writing this crazy Novel and its going well for a change.  Normally by the time I hit the middle of a book am going 'Oh please God let me have the strength and focus to finish this.'  So far it just seems to pour out of me in a steady rate.


My Muse has had a great deal of fun with me so far in this story.  After a couple of chapters it has given me the five follow up Titles and Blurbs making this the first book of a totally new Series. I think someone forgot to add in the section to my Muses brain that states its meant to just do one book sometimes and not keep looking for a way to make it into a series. I hate this detail of my Muse, because it would be nice to do one book and not have it turn out into a long winded series of stories.


Is it possible that you can only be a Series writer and don't know how to do just one book?


I hope you my readers or dear writing friends will be able to tell me.  I all ready have  a favourite line in my book and its a dosey also this doesn't normally happen until the end of the book.

 I remember what it felt like to sit on top of your hips and stab you through the heart with my dagger, while you slept. Now I just want to explain to you why I made you one of us.” 


That was Marks line from Chapter 3 and I couldn't help, but to feel for Carla when I saw the line form infront of my eyes.  My hands had ran off with themselves again. I have a feeling I will love this story when I am finished it and I hope you all love it too. 


Its darker then what I normally write, but with a woman with a feisty attitude, half naked Scottish guys and other treats thrown it then I hope it will not be to dark.  I have had to do alot of research for this one so from time to time I have felt like, maybe it wasn't worth it. When I had to check dates and times all the time, but now am halfway through the halfway point and am finally like, yeah this is some real fun. 


Well let me know what you think of the line and what your idea is on the UNEDITED Blurb I have posted at the bottom of this post.  I know its different so I will not expect all of you to like it. I will however do my best with this to make sure that there is enough Romance in it for you all. 


Well I have to head back to it otherwise my Muse might wonder off again and I can't be doing with that again. So take care readers and enjoy the wee UNEDITED Blurb below. 


Kristal McKerrington. 


Shetland Immortals; Against My First Love
Unedited Blurb

'Carla McBain was just an ordinary sixteen year old girl until one late night in October Carla was murdered in her dorm room.  Coming to Carla was scared until Oscar and Daryl meet her on her return to the Islands to meet her parents.  After confronting her they realise that she is a new Immortal. 

After staging her death they convince Carla to return to their Holy Ground where they tell her everything that they know.  They train her until the day comes that the Islanders grew suspicious of her presence there within the Old Viking Temple. 

Deciding its safer to leave they head out into the night in search of someone else who can tell them the truth about why they are Immortals.  What will they find? 

Can Oscar and Daryl survive outside of the Temple with a young Immortal?

How did they end up Immortal and why are they protecting her?

What happens when she meets her first love who is responsible for her being Immortal in the first place?'

No comments:

Post a Comment