Sunday 23 January 2011

Braving The Wrestling Road

Hello Readers, 


I might not be a Wrestler, but a writer in their world has a really hard job surviving. I guess you could ask me the question, then why are you braving the road? 


Why are you doing this?


What would make you want to put it all on the line? 


Tonight I'm going to open up to you and tell you straight from the shoulder. 

' Back when I was a little girl I had to fight for my education to be kept in mainstream, I had to fight for my movement, for my freedom and sometimes my life. I came across a Wrestling tape not long after my best friend Rosy died. I was lost and I watched the most amazing thing that day. I can't remember who it was, all I remember feeling was that I wanted to see more. 


That was what I did. It wasn't long before I was sucked into the storylines, the characters, the costumes and the entertainers (Wrestlers) themselves. My life was in a dark time where I was under constant bullying and there was more then once I thought about throwing the towel in. 


It was about that time my ideals entered the screen. Shane Helms, Sean Waltman, Matt Hardy, Jeff Hardy, Amy 'Lita' Dumas and later on Shannon Moore. My dreams were restarted. I was allowed to believe again that there might be a life outside of this condition that was like being at war 24/7. I use to go to sleep in pain and wake up in pain. I use to be so scared of watching those I loved dying infront of me that I would have night terrors. 


My ideals gave me the strength to find myself, gave me the chance to get myself back up on my feet and fight for what I believed in. I was slapped across the face repeatedly for believing in Wrestling and for loving a certain one. I was bullied then for my love of wrestling and less about my condition. 


My condition will be with me for the rest of my life and I will never get to wrestle, but I can give back. I can give them their dream. I can see them take my characters to live and create a world that some other kid or teenager can get sucked into. Where they can be inspired to fight back against their dark times. 


After years of the endless bullying apart of me started to feel safe in hospital, because at least there there wasn't a kid trying to rip out my feeding tube or hurt me. I would face alot things done to me over the years, but I never stopped looking up at them. I never stopped fighting. 


After my Granddad died, I thought I had lost everything. He kept telling me Matt's words "I will not die" and those words got me through the funeral and kept me going long enough for my current boyfriend to come in where he saved me from the guilt I was feeling. 


I wasn't able to start this journey just yet, I had another knock down to come. I was to face 8 weeks in hospital back in 2009 where I was going to realise something. I watched the Hardy Show for the first time and now no one will ever understand what an effect that had on me, but it made me get up and fight once again.  When I was done and out, told there was nothing they could do for my condition anymore I found the strength to fight back through my partner and the inspiration of the Hardy Show. 


It was then that I found Marty. (Cham Pain) still to this very day he will never know what he has inspired nor will he ever know how much I want to make his dreams come true. He has been there for me these last week or so as I battle with the Wrestling series and new haters coming out of the wood work. My condition coming and going, while I face even more doubt about my ability to do this. '


I'm sitting here tonight, unsure of what the future leads for my writing, but I'm turning to  you the readers to ask you to help me. Help me make a set of men's dreams come true.  Please join the movement to get these guys on set of my book series's 'A Different Life' and 'Marie's Tales'. 


These men have laid open their souls to us through the ring, they have created storylines, risked their lives to inspire people like me. I will move Heaven and Hell for these guys if I could, but I can't do this nearly impossible thing alone. I'm asking you to help me make Marty's, Matt's, Jeff's, Shane's Shannon's and my dream come true. 


Please go pick up 'A Different Life: A Christmas Tale of Two Heart's', which is apart of the 'Christmas Anthology' and tell everyone you know to go buy it. Stand behind us with posters, signs, t-shirts, whatever you can and say 'Let a girls life long dream of giving back to the men who made her fight against impossible odds come true'.


I can wish that they will come on board, but wishing isn't enough for me. I want to shake their hands as they enter the set and laugh with them as they muck up their takes. Be there to see them get their dreams. Please help us today. 


Buy a copy of 'A Different Life: A Christmas Tale of Two Hearts' under the 'Sweet Christmas Anthology' on XOXO Publishing right now.  www.xoxopublishing.com/shop-online Help me do the impossible one more time. 


Your author, 


Kristal McKerrington x

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the heads up on this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem Elvira, I hope that you will do your best to help us out. We will need every fan and every support we can get.

    ReplyDelete