Sunday 2 January 2011

I'm In Love With XOXO Publishing and Here Is Why

Hello Readers,


I got a Direct Message from a fan the other day who asked me what it was that I loved about XOXO Publishing so much. Now any of you who knows me, knows that I'm always screaming this places name at the top of my lungs. Well today I'm going to tell you why I'm in love with XOXO Publishing.


Gina who owns XOXO Publishing found me back when I was unsigned, struggling to be heard writer. I was just about to give up and bury my dream of ever being an author a year ago. I was also dealing with a lot of FAMILY drama. I was thinking after a long list of rejects, because I was dyslexic and some of them thought I was thinking too far outside of the box, that it was over. I couldn't have been more wrong.


She got her hands on my first real trusted MS, (Manuscript) Freedom Is Earned and she fell in love with it. I was signed soon after. I really didn't know if I should believe it, because I had a few other contracts offered only to have them ripped away from me. I signed it and was more then excited to have my first real piece of work to go into Publication. However it wasn't, because she saved my writing career that I feel in love with XOXO Publishing.


It was the family like atmosphere, the editors, who inspire as well as edit. The cover artist who has blown my mind with her work. The support I got from them to keep me going when I'm not well or a little down. Artists get down and bogged down within things. It happens. I can put my hands up to that. They though taught me grammar that I hadn't learned and stuck by me when I was away in the clouds with my ideas. They should real passion and love for my work as well as my readers.


They were so professional too and they made me feel like an author for the first time in my life. For the FIRST time in my life, I wasn't someone who was trying to break in, they welcomed me in. From there they have nurtured my imagination. Now I have 6 series that I'm working on a possible 7th. I got a group of readers from being with them that I fell in love with nearly instantly.


They listened to me, they screamed my name from the roof tops and they stand by me, no matter what I'm up too. I have more faith within the writing world, now more then ever. I found that at XOXO Publishing. They have become my home and I don't think I will ever go anywhere else.


From there my best work has come to life, 'Shetlands Immortals Series' came to me in their chat room when we were talking about the 'Highlander' series and what my real thoughts were on a certain superhero. Not going to name any names there. From the promotional events I was apart of, other series breathed into life and my dance one was loved for the blood, sweat and many tears I had poured into it.


I was encourage on my path to write 15th pieces within the first few months. I have only been with them since September 2010, but I can tell you that there is no where else that could have done that for me. No where else where I would have gotten the vibe that they craved my work. When I did another promotional event I was met with a true honest fan who loved every piece I had done. He hungered for what I was working on next, trust me if you were a fly on the wall in my office, you would be always screaming at me to stop yapping away and right more.


With that said I will always be an XOXO Publishing girl at heart. I love my writings home and I hope that you will support some of the many authors who are there. They have so much to offer and they are really wonderful people. Please join our Yahoo Loops, Chats, you will fall in Love with us. We are always open minded and always ready to share a story to your liking.

Yahoo Readers and Authors Loop:-
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/officialxoxopublishingauthorandreadersgroup/?yguid=469655538

Chat Room can be found at www.xoxopublishing.com

Huge hugs is not good enough for XOXO Publishing, I send them huge amounts of love.


Kristal McKerrington
An XOXO Publishing Girl.

12 comments:

  1. Hey Kristal, you are so right about XOXO. They have been wonderful to work with. Gina and staff have been awesome.

    You keep up the good work too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the awesome words about XoXo. We do our best to treat everyone like family. Some do not see it that way, but those who truly understand our company, and what we stand for will, and do. It is authors such as yourself, that keep us going, without you, where would we be?
    Thank you for sticking by us. :-)

    Amanda Struz - Cover Artist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Kristal! I found your blog to be very touching and heart warming. As Amanda said we do our best. I along with XoXo staff we treat each one of our authors with respect, dignity, integrity, and as a true professional author that you all are. XoXo Publishing has reached its first milestone a few weeks ago back and despite many hurdles we have encountered along the way we have managed to survive. As any other small Canadian press we will do our upmost to promote all of our authors and continue publishing high quality fiction for the discerning readers of literary fiction. As you all know our submission doors have once again reopened for general fiction in all genre categories from romances, to erotica to western and fantasy. This also includes our new Young adult and children division to be launched this Spring 2011. Once again Kristal, the thoughts that you have expressed to me and to XoXo Publishing staff was totally unexpected and at XoXo Publishing love you too.
    Gina
    XoXo Publishing(TM)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kristal, Gina and Tim told me all about you. You're an inspiration to all of us authors. Happy New Year, Audrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was very sweet Kristal and I look forward to quality work from you and all our authors at XOXO Publishing. Together we all can make this a first class publishing company that anyone would be proud to be affiliated with.
    Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Kristal, From a Canadian reader and XoXo author. You're the best. Carl
    Author of Sex It Up! Please
    Carl DeGasperis and Brianna Martini
    http://www.xoxopublishing.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. XOXO has set the ball for me. I am confident I will be one day a well known author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much, I never knew you all had said this cause I have been locked out. You all brought a tear to my eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet post Kristal. I'm reviewing one of your ebook for MERYB. Herb
    mayeyereviewyourbooks@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just "heard" about XOXO publishing from a link on Rawiya/Michael Mandrake's blog. Since I'm new to eBook publishers, I rely on testimonies such as this one to help me find them.

    This was a great post. I can "see" the love and passion you have for your writing and for those that gave you the chance you so richly deserved.

    Am looking forward to reading some of your works soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How wonderful for you to have found XOXO Publishing as a part of this "team" I find myself in awe with the professionalism and dedication that the staff has towards all of XoXo authors. They are the best and deserve an award.

    ReplyDelete