Friday 22 April 2011

Amanda Struz Is In The Hot Seat Today In Day 5 of The Wrestling Themed Week!

Hello Readers,

Today we have the Impressive, Super Creative and smart Amanda Struz, she does the covers at XoXo Publishing. She is also my amazing Editor, who has helped me create some of the wonderful pieces that you read today.  So its now Amanda's turn to take a seat in the Hot Seat on our 5th day of our Wrestling Themed week. Here is............Amanda Struz!

1. As the cover artist did you find it hard to create book covers for the ground breaking Young Adult Wrestling series that really captured the Wrestling vibe?

A - No, I found it quite easy in fact, as you gave me some great input into the idea behind the cover design. I find that having input from the author helps me to create a design that is both appealing and stands out at the same time. This is not always the case, some times I do have a different feel for the cover, but it all works out in the end.

2. What was the hardest thing about creating the covers?

A - The hardest part I would have to say is finding people that accurately represent the characters in the books.

3. What did you enjoy the most about creating the covers? Amanda Struz is also the editor of the Wrestling Series that I'm currently working on, so I have some questions for her to do with editing the series that I thought you would enjoy.

A - The outcome was the part I enjoyed most. Though I enjoy the whole process; working with Digital Art started off as a past time, but the more I do it, the more I want to do it full time.

4. What did you think when you read 'A Different Life Series' first story 'A Different Life: A Christmas Tale of Two Hearts' (Avaible today at XoXoPublishing in the Sweet Christmas Anthology) for the first time and saw
the mix of Romance along with Wrestling?

A - I really love how the Wrestling was mixed with the romance aspect. It creates a scenario that is both heart-warming/wrenching and exciting at the same time. Its like mixing a Birthday celebration with Valentine's
Day. :-)

5.  When you got stuck into the 2nd and 3rd 'A Different Life' books did you feel like the Wrestling and Romance was what made the books stand out?

A - I wouldn't say "stuck" but I feel that the combination of the two is what makes the whole series stand out. You can buy books that are strictly about Wrestling, or strictly about romance, but not many about the two
together.

6. As an Editor do you think that there might be more people out there, who will be bite with the Wrestling Romance bug?

A - I honestly feel there are more people out there who write these kinds of books, you just don't hear about them, or they are not published yet. I think there are people out there who would definitely be into these kinds
of books.

Now onto some fun questions that will be fun.

7. If you were to pick a character out of 'A Different Life' as your fave, who would it be?

A - I would say Edward is my favorite. Though he has goal and ambitions in mind, he has a good heart, he is a caring person deep down. A close second would be Layla herself, as I can also relate to her as well. The emotional ups and downs she goes through in her life is something that represents my
life.

8. Who in your opinion is the hottest Wrestler in the Industry right now?

A - I can honestly say that I do not watch Wrestling, though I had a roommate that did once, and back then, my favorite Wrestler in the WWF was/is "The Undertaker." The whole mystery behind him was what made me want to watch him in the ring. He is tall, and the long hair got me the moment I first seen him.

9. If there was three Wrestlers you could be locked in a room with and able to ask them anything, which room would you choose, Randy Orton,Triple H, Matt Hardy, Shane Helms or Brain Kendrick?

A - Though I am not personally aware of much of either of these Wrestlers, it would be a toss-up between Triple H and Shane Helms.

10. What do you do to relax after a long day?

A - To relax after a long day, anyone can find me playing games online (love my Frontierville on Facebook ..lol. but I also love to take photos of Horses, especially pictures of Standard-bred Horses.

11. What is your must see on TV right now?

A - My "must see" on TV right now is American Idol, but shows such as House, CSI, Criminal Minds and The First 48. I have a thing for investigative shows, can you tell?

12. What is your must attend event this year?

A - I am very much looking forward to the Small Press Book Fair this coming June at the University of Toronto. I look forward to promoting my company 9 Clouds Marketing there. I will be showcasing something new with my company there this year. My other passion is cooking, so I will be bringing samples  for people to try out!

13. What is your must attend event for next year?

A - I haven't given much though to next year as I am concentrating more on this year first. Getting my new website up and running this coming week is my main focus. It is more professional, and will be hosting more
products/packages then my previous one!Anything I do however, can be found on my group on Facebook.


**Thank you for giving me the opportunity to have this great chat with you! It was a pleasure as always! :-)

It was a Huge honour to have you here Amanda and hope to have you back soon.

Check Amanda Struz out on the following links.
http://www.9cloudsebookmarketingandpromotions.com
http://coverdesigneramandastruz.blogspot.com/

10 comments:

  1. Great interview Kristal and Amanda! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview! I am few days behind, but this reads so awesome...*S*
    I love the combo, and the romance..
    I know I have a new author and titles to add to my "gotta have asap list"..*S*
    I'm going to go back and catch up, but thank you for this...*S*
    Wonderful cover!

    Thank you!

    Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Darcy and Gina, for turning out and great that I introduced you into something new.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice interview, Amanda. I like investigative shows, too. My favorite is Law Order SVU, although I've also watched Criminal Minds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome post!! I love the Undertaker too, all that long glorious hair and that sexy voice! Yummy!! I was so disappointed when he was "the American Badass" and cut all his hair off! But its back now :)
    Ashley A
    ash_app@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes it is Ashley, what would make him perfect is to have the long hair and the bike! Hmmm dream street.

    Nice to see you here Delaney,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all! It was a fun interview to do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great interview Kristal, Amanda was my editor & cover artist for my XoXo publishing book and I think she is one of the best in the industry. She made the whole process so easy.
    Thanks for interviewing my favorite editor/cover artist.
    G W Pickle

    ReplyDelete