Friday 25 April 2014

Written In My Own Heart's Blood By Diana Gabaldon's Review

Dear Readers,

As an author who is publishing and writes full time I find it a very rare thing to do a review of any book. Especially one that hasn't been released, however today while I celebrated 6 years with my partner. I find myself delighted to say I found a sampler called Written In My Own Blood for the book release of Diana Gabaldon.

I openly admit that I saw her name around but never knew any of her work. So when I picked up the sampler I found myself sucked into her eight book of a series I haven't read. The sampler was very interesting.

What did I like about the sampler?

Well simply put I like the Scottish words which are from what we Scottish people call the Highlanders dialect. She did with grace and it didn't distract from her story. She created interesting characters that I could see the readers would get sucked into it.

What didn't I like?

Sometimes I found it hard to read all the different characters point of view. I did find some words which weren't correct, however it never took away from the story. I managed to keep my place in the story well and think that the book itself will be just as interesting as the sampler.

All in all the book shows like it will be another best seller for the talented author and delighted to have the chance to read the sampler.

Thank you all for stopping my to read my thoughts on the wonderful sampler and hope that you will all stop by soon as I may do one of these again.

Kristal McKerrington 

No comments:

Post a Comment