Friday 8 April 2016

Printers Devil Court by Susan Hill 5 star Review

Hello Readers,

So I dove into a Ghost story that I checked out at my library and I got a huge surprise. I never expected to find books that were so well done at this one. Check out more of my thoughts to do with the story below:

Printer Devil's Court 

By Susan Hill

Ideally spooky Halloween reading...

A chilling ghost story by the author of The Woman in Black.

One murky November evening after a satisfying meal in their Fleet Street lodgings, a conversation between four medical students takes a curious turn and Hugh is initiated into a dark secret. In the cellar of their narrow lodgings in Printer's Devil Court and a little used mortuary in a subterranean annex of the hospital, they have begun to interfere with death itself, in shadowy experiments beyond the realms of medical ethics. They call on Hugh to witness an event both extraordinary and terrifying.

Years later, Hugh has occasion to return to his student digs and the familiar surroundings resurrect peculiar and unpleasant memories of these unnatural events, the true horror of which only slowly becomes apparent.

Review 5/5: 

From the very start I never expected the tale to be so gripping and to not allow me to think of anything else. The concept at times could be offensive to those with a weaker heart however this was the perfect scary tale. The characters were well thought out and I love the first point of view that you get from the man writing or telling her story. I even like how she included the son's thoughts as he discovers the deadly, heavy burden that his father has carried on his shoulders for sometime. I would have liked to known more about the villains in this book but Susan managed to give us closure as she went about telling her 106 page printed version of her story. 
I was highly impressed and think you will be too. 
CLICK HERE  FOR AMAZON US
CLICK HERE FOR AMAZON UK
CLICK HERE FOR GOODREADS 
Thank you for checking out Susan Hill's book review and make sure you subscribe to see what other authors might appear on my blog. 
Kristal McKerrington 

No comments:

Post a Comment