Saturday 28 May 2016

The Raven Boys- Maggie Stiefvater- 5 Star Review

Hello Readers, 

So I got another one off the bookclub list that is scary far more scary than the edits I'm doing. But I'm running on the high of the release of #MariesWorld2 so I can't get to worked up. This is the first of the series. I will try to read the rest of. 

The Raven Boys- Maggie Stiefvater

Every year, Blue Sargent stands next to her clairvoyant mother as the soon-to-be dead walk past. Blue never sees them--until this year, when a boy emerges from the dark and speaks to her.

His name is Gansey, a rich student at Aglionby, the local private school. Blue has a policy of staying away from Aglionby boys. Known as Raven Boys, they can only mean trouble.

But Blue is drawn to Gansey, in a way she can't entirely explain. He is on a quest that has encompassed three other Raven Boys: Adam, the scholarship student who resents the privilege around him; Ronan, the fierce soul whose emotions range from anger to despair; and Noah, the taciturn watcher who notices many things but says very little.

For as long as she can remember, Blue has been warned that she will cause her true love to die. She doesn't believe in true love, and never thought this would be a problem. But as her life becomes caught up in the strange and sinister world of the Raven Boys, she's not so sure anymore.

Review: 

So to start off with I have to say that this is an emotional ride that I wasn't expecting. I was stammered in the beginning with the different POV's that she has going on in the book. That didn't take a star away because she managed to write it with so much class and care that it made it oddly work in her favor. 

I did think that there was going to be more romance in this book than there was. I was expecting more from Blue and Gansey. I like how she gets close to Adam then worries that he is the one that she might kill. The truth is though I would like to see the writer have explored this more. Knowing now its to be a series its encouraging me to pick up the rest of the series. I would have liked a bigger cliff hanger as I'm a huge fan of those. I do like though how she ended it even at times I argued with myself that it might be a little flat. 

I see a great deal of emotion in Gansey and Noah which made this a five star book for she handled those emotions well. I am interested in seeing how she will solve some of those threads and what will become of Adam. I will not say anything else as I don't want to spoil this book for any of you that have yet to read it. 

This is the sort of book that you will either love or your will utterly hate. I think that the author herself has a lot to offer us and I'm delighted to see that she hasn't stopped writing so I can get a better picture of her talents. She will be someone I will explore more. 

CLICK HERE FOR AMAZON UK
CLICK HERE  FOR AMAZON US
CLICK HERE FOR GOODREADS 

Thank you for stopping by and I hope that you will come back to see my review for Storm Front by Jim Butcher. 

Kristal McKerrington 

No comments:

Post a Comment