Saturday 14 May 2016

The Woman In Black- Susan Hill- 5 Star Review

Hello Readers, 

So today I finished the list of Susan Hill books that library had. I have been delighted to write a review for this author who resides in the same country as me. I hope that these reviews will encourage more readers to try her books and of course to keep her writing her great short stories. 

Now down to work. 

The Woman In Black-Susan Hill

Arthur Kipps, a junior solicitor, is summoned to attend the funeral of Mrs Alice Drablow, the sole inhabitant of Eel Marsh House, unaware of the tragic secrets which lie hidden behind the shuttered windows. The house stands at the end of a causeway, wreathed in fog and mystery, but it is not until he glimpses a wasted young woman, dressed all in black, at the funeral, that a creeping sense of unease begins to take hold, a feeling deepened by the reluctance of the locals to talk of the woman in black - and her terrible purpose.

5 Star Review: 

From the beginning I did wonder what the hell this book was about as I dug deeper then I started to understand. That was the only sticking point I had with the story. I found myself moving by it and it still earned the five stars for the detail, care that she put into the story itself. The characters were relate able. There was a great deal of moments that I found the story rushed however she seemed to make up for this flaw with other areas of the story and despite it not being written in the format that we are all use to. None of that took from the great style of writing that she continue to use. 

Susan has a way to make you feel like your apart of the story and continues to create a world around you even if its under 200 page books. I found that my copy of this particular novel was 200 pages. I didn't know that this was a film until I saw the sticker on the book when I got it from the library. She has done another book that fits in with what you expect from this great English writer. I know that she has a lot more to offer us. 

CLICK HERE  FOR AMAZON US
CLICK  HERE FOR AMAZON UK
CLICK HERE 
FOR GOODREADS

Thank you for stopping by and come back for the next book in my tbr list. Never, Always, Sometimes, Ali Alsaid which is up next. 

Kristal McKerrington 

No comments:

Post a Comment