Sunday 31 July 2016

Evermore- Alyson Noel - Review

Dear All, 

Well I got distracted which happens when you finish one great book but you forget to put the second one underneath it. That is what happened when I finished Cinder and realized that I didn't have book 2. So I am saying sorry for leaping to this book and hope that you understand my choice on the rating. 


Evermore-Alyson Noel

Seventeen-year-old Ever is the sole survivor of a car crash that killed her entire family. Living with her aunt in Southern California, she's plagued by the ability to hear the thoughts of those around her, and haunted by the ghost of her little sister. She tries to tune everyone out, shunning her old lifestyle as the pretty, popular cheerleader, but somehow she can't hide from Damen, the new guy at school. Stunningly handsome, clever and not a little bit intimidating, there's something about him that doesn't quite add up. Ever realises he's hiding something, but nothing could prepare her for the truth - especially when the truth involves past lives, murderous enemies, everlasting love and the secret of eternal youth . . .

4/5 Stars- Review

Okay I can hear the eyes rolling and the groans that I didn't love it completely. It was such a stupid thing that cost her the final star. The writing style was something that I got into really well and easily. I found myself enjoying the characters that she detailed and created with such ease. I could the impression that this book had been written in a time of grief. That was confirmed when I read the interview that was written in the back of the book. 

She gave us a great start to a great series of books called "The Immortals". She showed a great deal of commitment to the story with the way she laid it out. What really took the last star off of the whole book was the final fight scene with Drina. It was just such a let down when she died the way that she did. I was like 'what the heck that is it?' I would have been truly in love with the book if Ever managed to finally got some revenge on this woman who wants to kill her. 

I'm picking up the second book as I own the first three but I'm sort of wondering if she can pull off the series after the way she end the first one. I'm hoping that I will be pleasantly surprised. I hope that she has a lot more to offer us through this series. I hope that this is not the end of Riley's story either. 

CLICK HERE FOR AMAZON US
CLICK HERE  FOR AMAZON UK
CLICK HERE FOR GOODREADS

I want to know your thoughts and what you think should have happened in the big fight feel ending? I hope to have either Scarlet or Bluemoon up next. Just come back to see which one that wins out my attention. 

Kristal McKerrington 

No comments:

Post a Comment