Friday 22 July 2016

Happily Ever After: Companion to the Selection Series (The Selection Novella) - By Keira Cass- Review

Hello Readers,

So this book was finished several days ago but me being trapped in the writing cave after losing Carla's book twice I hadn't had the time to do the blog that reviewed this authors work. I'm finally getting to it as the heat beats us down in Scotland. No AC so we are depending on open windows and fans. Its that warm.

Okay lets get down to it.

Happily Ever After: Companion to the Selection Series (The Selection Novella)

By Kiera Cass

Meet Prince Maxon before he fell in love with America, and a girl named Amberly before she became queen. See the Selection through the eyes of a guard who watched his first love drift away and a girl who fell for a boy who wasn’t the prince. This gorgeous collection features four novellas from the captivating world of Kiera Cass’s #1 New York Times bestselling Selection series—two of which appear here in print for the first time—as well as exclusive, never-before-seen bonus content.
This series companion is a must-have for any Selection fan, and includes:
  • The Prince
  • The Guard
  • The Queen (in print for the first time)
  • The Favorite (in print for the first time)
  • Exclusive new scenes from The Selection, The Elite, and The One
  • Introductions to each novella from Kiera Cass
  • A map of IllĂ©a and other illustrations
  • And more!

5/5 Stars -Review Part- 

While I found myself desperate for the knowledge how the characters ended up after the books came to a close I was surprised by the way that she chose to do the short stories. Each one was building to a much more rounded happy ending. Something that I was surprised to find in short stories. Most of the time I read short story books they are random however she made the book feel like a whole novel. It was exciting interesting and gave us the answers that the other books seemed to miss. A smart move on the behalf of the author. 

Kiera's excitement and joyful style worked well through each of the stories. I always wanted to know how the Elite girls who lost turned out I was found a little let down by their endings. I know however these were the endings that the characters needed. The endings and wrap of their lives seemed to fit well together. Each one seemed like a synopsis rather than just a sharp short blunt way of wrapping up the story. 

I can't recommend that those who have loved the Selection series check out this short story series book. I was in love from the page and was so sad when it finished. 

CLICK HERE  FOR AMAZON US
CLICK HERE  FOR AMAZON UK
CLICK HERE  FOR GOODREADS

Thank you for stopping by to see my wrap up of the Selection series. I will be back for a review of the book by Merissa Meyer called Cinder as I start to enter the Lunar Chronicles. 

Kristal McKerrington 

No comments:

Post a Comment