Sunday 7 August 2016

Scarlet- Marissa Meyer- Review

Hello All,

Well what a day I had. I finished this great book and got some awesome shots of Scotland. Plus I've managed to screw up my reading thing that I'm apart of. But getting that fixed. So lets get focused on the review and the good stuff.

Scarlet- Marissa Meyer 

The second book in The Lunar Chronicles series by Marissa Meyer.
This is not the fairytale you remember. But it's one you won't forget.

SCARLET BENOIT'S grandmother is missing. The police have closed her case. The only person Scarlet can turn to is Wolf, a street fighter she does not trust, but they are drawn to each other.
Meanwhile, in New Beijing, Cinder will become the Commonwealth's most wanted fugitive - when she breaks out of prison to stay one step ahead of vicious Queen Levana.
As Scarlet and Wolf expose one mystery, they encounter Cinder and a new one unravels. Together they must challenge the evil queen, who will stop at nothing to make Prince Kai her husband, her king, her prisoner . . .
***Red Riding Hood-meets-Percy Jackson in a thrilling new spin on Grimm by Marissa Meyer, the author of Cinder.***

4/5 Stars

First let me say that this wasn't what I was expecting after reading Cinder. I got addicted to Cinder so it was what I expected when it came to this book. That though wasn't the case rather I found it harder to get into. The book jumped around a lot and that was what cost it the last star. I would have preferred to have had a marker on the chapters to let us know who we are jumping into rather than just having to jump in and trying to grasp where you are at in the storyline. 

The storyline itself was so well thought out and detailed down the finest level. The detail in this book seems to be something that a lot of writers are just skipping over and I'm glad to see that Marissa kept with the detail and the darkness level of the storyline that she used in Cinder. I like the werewolf elements, that was well thought out too. I was a little disappointed in the meeting between Cinder and Scarlet as I felt that was something that was jagged but she smoothed it out as I entered into Cress. So I will see how it goes. 

I would have liked to see more interaction with Cress to help Cinder find the answers that she finds out in the book. I thought that would give a far better flow and uses the characters she has introduced. After reading the line "Red Riding Hood- mee
ts Percy Jackson" was something I agreed with. I did like how Scarlet fought and fell for Wolf. It would have been nice to see more happen between them romantically but I get that is a area that is restricted.

CLICK HERE FOR AMAZON US
CLICK HERE FOR AMAZON UK
CLICK HERE FOR GOODREADS 

Thank you for stopping by and come back to see my thoughts on either Cress or Shadowlands. 

Kristal McKerrington 

No comments:

Post a Comment