Monday 28 November 2016

The Ragged Heiress- Dolly Court Review

Hello Readers,

We are going to dive into the historical side of things today with this great book. I'm going to leave your decision to my thoughts in the review section. Its worth checking out.


The Ragged Heiress

On a bitter winter's day, an unnamed girl lies dangerously ill in hospital. When two coarse, rough-speaking individuals come to claim her, she can remember nothing of the events that brought her to her present state, not even her name. According to the men, she is their young sister, Lucy. As her health improves and her memory gradually returns, she realizes she's been kidnapped. But she has no means of escaping the hideous confines of the filthy basement room in which they have imprisoned her in.

Review 4/5 stars 

Dilly Court's take on a trades daughter who is worth a small fortune is a truly interesting story, there is places where its so slow that you are 'get to the point' already. There is parts that are so alarmingly obviously that you want to scream. Her job is not just to tell a great historical romance story which she did, but also draw emotions out of the book and make you think about it when you finished. There are what I look for in a book and she provided me that. 

There was places that were rushed and that is what I would tell her. She has done a great job constructing the book and the world she wanted to create, however she fell apart in some areas. I will not go through the book picking it apart I just sharing my opinion. The characters were developed well except for some of them which I don't want to name to spoil it for you. 

Setting was perfect and she offered a great book to pass the time and I recommend it to alot of readers out there. 

CLICK HERE FOR AMAZON UK
CLICK HERE FOR AMAZON US
CLICK HERE FOR GOODREADS 

Thank you for stopping by and please come back to see which book I will be reviewing next. 

Kristal McKerrington 

No comments:

Post a Comment