Friday 13 October 2017

Rattle (DS Fitzroy 1) By Fiona Cummins Review

Hello All, 

I'm getting to the last of the books I completed in hospital. I have to say this one was one that I couldn't put down. This isn't my genre but stumbling on it I decided to give it a shot and I fell in love with Fiona Cummins. Anyway wait till you see what I think and maybe it might get you to give this author a chance. 



Rattle 
By
Fiona Cummins

'It's a rare debut that has this much polish. Harrowing and horrifying, head and shoulders above most of the competition' - Val McDermid
A serial killer to chill your bones
A psychopath more frightening than Hannibal Lecter.
He has planned well. He leads two lives. In one he's just like anyone else. But in the other he is the caretaker of his family's macabre museum.
Now the time has come to add to his collection. He is ready to feed his obsession, and he is on the hunt.
Jakey Frith and Clara Foyle have something in common. They have what he needs.
What begins is a terrifying cat-and-mouse game between the sinister collector, Jakey's father and Etta Fitzroy, a troubled detective investigating a spate of abductions.
Set in London's Blackheath, Rattle by Fiona Cummins explores the seam of darkness that runs through us all; the struggle between light and shadow, redemption and revenge.
It is a glimpse into the mind of a sinister psychopath. And it's also a story about not giving up hope when it seems that all hope is already lost.

Review - 5/5

I have to say that first off the title says it all!

"Rattle" my bones it did and it was so well put together that I was surprised to find myself falling in love with something I usually don't read. This gave me a moment to pause as I found myself unable to put it down and how I found myself pulling for the little children in this book. The setting of a hospital was also something that made me bite my lip a lot. Might want to read this on Halloween as its a great one to get you nervous and your stomach doing all sort of things. 

I have to say that the set up for the second novel was perfectly done and this book will rival the works of Rachel Caine who released "Stillhouse Lake". I look forward to seeing how she develops this going forward. 

CLICK HERE FOR AMAZON UK
CLICK HERE FOR AMAZON US
CLICK HERE FOR GOODREADS

Thank you for stopping by to check out my thoughts on this great series that still has me tingling. 

Kristal McKerrington 

No comments:

Post a Comment